First Look: 2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Ultra
Jul 29, 2010
The 2011 Custom Vehicle OperationsTM Road Glide® Ultra, a new super-premium touring motorcycle with a frame-mounted fairing, offers its rider and passenger exceptional style, comfort and performance. Trimmed in glistening chrome and spectacular paint, the limited-production CVO Road Glide Ultra also features exclusive audio, navigation and seating components. Powered by the Screamin' Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ V-Twin engine, the CVO Road Glide Ultra is one of the most capable, and beautiful, touring motorcycles on the road today.
Harley-Davidson® CVO models are super-premium motorcycles for customers who desire the exclusivity of intricate paint, custom accessories, and a high-performance powertrain not available on standard-production Harley-Davidson models. CVO motorcycles define the advance vision of Harley-Davidson styling, features and performance.
For the CVO Road Glide Ultra, the Harley-Davidson Touring chassis serves as its solid foundation. A single-spar, rigid backbone frame and two-piece swingarm contribute to this platform's long-haul durability and responsive maneuverability. Dunlop® Multi-Tread dual-compound tires enhance handling and extend rear-tire tread life. Air-adjustable rear shocks accommodate variable passenger and luggage loads. Chassis geometry and suspension are calibrated to deliver confident handling and comfort.
The CVO Road Glide Ultra features an aerodynamic, frame-mounted fairing that offers a lighter steering feel than a fork-mounted fairing, and incorporates dual headlamps and a cockpit-style instrument display. The CVO Road Glide Ultra is also equipped with ventilated fairing lowers. ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) and cruise control are standard equipment on the CVO Road Glide Ultra.
Key CVO Road Glide Ultra Features:
- Screamin' Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine with 110-cid (1803cc), rubber-mounted within the frame, is rated at 115 ft. lbs. of torque at 4000 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission.
- New chrome billet muffler end caps with black spears finish off the 2-1-2 exhaust system.
- New Road Tech zumo 660 GPS navigation device has an integrated handlebar mount and an integrated interface module which allows its verbal navigation commands to be heard through the radio speakers. It can be removed for convenient programming or use in another vehicle.
- New entertainment features include an 8GB Apple iPod nano® with an etched Bar & Shield logo, iPod radio interface and iPod holder located in a saddlebag. This system both charges the iPod, and integrates it with the audio hand controls. The 40-watt per channel Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio system features four BOOM! Audio High Performance BOOM! Bagger speakers, XM satellite radio, CB/intercom with two headsets, and a new amplifier with customized equalization for the BOOM! Audio speakers.
- New two-up suspended touring seat with leather inserts supports rider and passenger above the seat pan to prevent bottoming and provides isolation from road harshness for enhanced touring comfort. A new seat shape is narrower towards the front for improved leg-reach at stops. The seat features dual heat controls. A new matching leather passenger backrest has adjustable lumbar support and an "Ultra Road Glide" monogram. The matching leather rider backrest is adjustable.
- New Road Glide 16-inch windshield is lightly smoked and has a reduced angle to limit cockpit buffeting.
- New wind tunnel-tested Road Glide wind deflectors fit onto the top of the engine guard redirect turbulent air that previously passed between the fairing and the fuel tank and into the rider area.
- Mirror Chrome Agitator wheels are 18-inch diameter front and rear.
- New chrome, one-inch-diameter handlebar has a more-comfortable shape and is internally wired.
- Hard saddlebags and Deluxe Tour-Pak® luggage carrier with color-matched LED brake/tail lamp and Air Wing Tour-Pak rack. Power locking system provides push-button key fob security for the Tour-Pak, saddlebags and ignition.
- Rumble Collection features black rubber with brilliant chrome highlights on the rider footboard inserts, passenger footboard inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal, highway pegs, saddlebag latch covers, and heated hand grips with chrome end caps.
- New Diamond-cut trim inserts for the CB pod, Screamin' Eagle 110 intake, and Tour-Pak lid .
- New Customer Care package includes a tool kit, microfiber detail cloth and H-D® jiffy stand coaster.
The CVO Road Glide Ultra will be offered in three custom color schemes, each with Granite powdercoat powertrain and color-matched inner fairing and speedometer/tachometer housing:
- Rio Red & Black Ember with Quartzite Graphics
- Charcoal Slate & Black Twilight with Quartzite Graphics
- Frosted Ivory & Vintage Gold with Quartzite Graphics
Production of the 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra will be limited to approximately 3,000 units. The 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra has a suggested U.S. retail price of $35,999.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.