2011 CBR250R Preview
Nov 2, 2010
American Honda Motor Company's Powersports Division announced to its dealers today the release of an all-new motorcycle designed for those entering the sport of motorcycling, one that's sporty, fun, lightweight and affordable: the CBR250R.
"This is really an amazing machine we're adding to Honda's list of models for 2011," said Powersports Press Manager Bill Savino. "The CBR250R is specifically aimed at new riders, yet it's packed full of high-tech features and offers great performance, all in a lightweight, affordable package. This new model expands another segment of the market for Honda buyers."
More detailed information and images of Honda's model line can be found on powersports.honda.com or see your local Honda powersports dealer.
- CBR250R: An Affordable Entry Into The Sport Of Motorcycling
The all-new 2011 CBR250R brings a fresh take on the fun side of motorcycling, one that especially suits riders entering the sport. Thanks to its extremely efficient 249cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine—an all-new design featuring a sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head, engine counterbalancer, and fuel injection—this dependable and lightweight machine delivers nimble handling, a broad spread of easily accessible power and low operating costs all in one. Whether the day calls for a commute to work, quick trips around town or all-day explorations in the countryside, the CBR250R is a great way to get acquainted with the many faces of motorcycling, all at an affordable price. Available in Metallic Black and Red/Silver beginning in Spring 2011. Also available with ABS. Pricing will be announced November 12, 2010.
- The sophisticated, all-new 249.4cc single-cylinder engine is thoroughly modern in design thanks to its dual overhead camshafts driven by a Hy-Vo-type chain, forked roller rocker arms, four-valve head, shim-style valve adjustment, counterbalancer shaft and liquid cooling.
- The CBR250R’s single-cylinder engine produces a remarkably broad torque curve with peak torque generated at an easily accessible 7000 rpm. Peak horsepower kicks in at 8500 rpm, well before the 10,500-rpm redline—further testimony to the wide spread of power. Such power characteristics facilitate easy, responsive operation while also returning impressive fuel economy.
- The crankshaft runs in plain bearings for quieter operation, and the big end of the connecting rod spins in a needle bearing.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer shaft helps quell engine vibrations for rider comfort. It’s located so close to the crankshaft that the balancer weight passes between the two crank weights to keep the engine as compact as possible while boosting mass centralization.
- Engine countershaft sits lower than the mainshaft to further reduce the front-to-back engine dimension.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions, plus increased fuel economy.
- PGM-FI system incorporates an Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) to minimize torque reaction and smooth responses to small changes in throttle position. This is accomplished through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.
- Thanks to its single-cylinder configuration, the CBR250R incorporates a light, compact and fuel-efficient powerplant, resulting in an overall package that is remarkably compact and nimble for intuitive handling dynamics.
- The six-speed transmission works in concert with the engine’s broad power delivery to produce quick acceleration plus admirable fuel economy during top-gear cruising.
- Diamond twin-spar steel frame plus a 37mm front fork and Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension provide impressive handling and a comfortable ride.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics.
- Base weight of only 359 pounds gives the CBR250R outstanding maneuverability and helps instill rider confidence.
- Stylish full fairing with windscreen deflects the oncoming wind to boost rider comfort.
- Sporting ergonomics keep the rider perched in a well-balanced seating position to deliver a natural feel and comfortable stance even over daylong rides.
- Full-sized 17-inch cast wheels return big-bike feel and handling traits.
- Fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons gives the CBR250R a cruising range of more than 200 miles.
- An external fuel filter maximizes fuel tank capacity while also easing fuel filter maintenance.
- Grab rails on the tail section are designed to fit gloved hands, giving passengers a dedicated handhold while riding two-up.
- A handy underseat storage area adds to the CBR250R’s versatility.
- Multi-function digital instrument pod includes speedometer, tachometer, engine temperature display, fuel gauge, clock, odometer and trip meter.
- Exciting colors: Metallic Black and Red/Silver.