2010 Honda VFR1200F
Oct 8, 2009
American Honda Motor Company's Powersports Division announced today the release of the much-anticipated 2010 VFR1200F.
"This is one of the most exciting motorcycles in Honda's history," said Powersports Press Manager Bill Savino. "The VFR1200F establishes a whole new definition of performance motorcycling, one that taps into Honda's rich V-4 VFR heritage and extends it into the future of Honda motorcycling. The new technology within this motorcycle is flat-out amazing and it all works together in a manner that takes the VFR1200F strides forward in how a high-end machine looks, works and feels. This is a sport motorcycle that will leave you smiling and ready for more even after you've been riding for hours on end."
The 2010 VFR1200F embodies the next generation of new motorcycle technology, resulting in unsurpassed rider benefits for those in search of a sporting motorcycle that truly transcends common bounds. Honda's V-4 heritage has been re-invented in astonishingly innovative form through the fusion of advanced technology to craft a futuristic sport motorcycle created for the sheer joy of riding, custom tailored for experienced hands who ride hard, ride long, ride far and ride often.
Just a few of the incredible features and benefits found in the VFR1200F include Honda MotoGP engine technology and architecture; a light and compact 1237cc liquid-cooled 76-degree V-4 that pumps out amazing levels of power; Throttle By Wire for next-generation throttle response; lightweight and compact Unicam® valvetrain allows for significantly smaller cylinder heads; optional Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission with manual mode and automatic mode with two D/S modes and paddle-style shifters; Honda slipper clutch in the manual-shift VFR1200F; GP technology layer-concept aero fairing for unrivaled air management and futuristic style; next-generation shaft drive system with offset pivot point and sliding constant-velocity joint for a new level of shaft-drive performance and control.
The VFR1200F will be available at Honda dealers in Spring of 2010. For more information on the VFR1200F, go to www.powersports.honda.com.
Drawing from a longstanding legacy of innovation within Honda's V-4 lineup, the 2010 VFR1200F embodies the new generation of V-4 technology and unsurpassed rider benefits, setting the stage for Honda's next 50 years. Honda's V-4 heritage and VFR tradition is fully realized in the VFR1200F. It has been re-created in astonishingly innovative form through the fusion of advanced technology imported from the MotoGP world and other cutting-edge environments. Net result: a futuristic sport motorcycle created for the sheer joy of riding, custom tailored for experienced hands who ride hard, ride long, ride far and ride often.
- Honda MotoGP V-4 engine technology and architecture bring cutting-edge performance to the VFR1200F.
- Unique cylinder layout with rear two cylinders located innermost on the crankshaft and front cylinders located outboard narrows the rider interface aboard the VFR1200F.
- Throttle By Wire for next-generation throttle response.
- Optional Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission with manual mode and automatic mode with two D/S modes and paddle-style shifters offers unparalleled freedom through innovative technology.
- Next-generation shaft drive system with offset pivot point and sliding constant-velocity joint for a new level of shaft-drive performance and control.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Light and compact 1237cc liquid-cooled 76-degree V-4 pumps out amazing levels of power with a distinctive V-4 feel and sound.
- Symmetrically Coupled Phase-shift Crankshaft uses 28-degree crankpin offset to eliminate primary engine vibration.
- Asymmetrical exhaust lengths between front and rear cylinders boost power production and enhance power feel.
- Lightweight and compact Unicam® valvetrain allows for significantly smaller cylinder heads.
- Honda slipper clutch in manual-shift model allows unencumbered sport riding.
- GP technology layer-concept aero fairing for unrivaled air management.
- Honda Pro Arm® single-sided swingarm with single gas-charged shock delivers cutting-edge rear suspension action; features handy remote spring preload adjuster, rebound damping adjustability and 5.1 inches of travel.
- Stout, sport-oriented 43mm inverted cartridge fork with spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of travel.
- New controls with smoother and more precise tactile feel enhance the riding experience.
- New-technology seat construction permits a higher level of seat shaping and forming details.
- Saddlebag mounts come standard on both versions of the VFR1200F.
|Model:||VFR1200F / VFR1200F with Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission|
|Engine Type:||1237cc liquid-cooled 76° V-4|
|Bore and Stroke:||81mm x 60mm|
|Valve Train:||SOHC; four valves per cylinder|
|Induction:||PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 44mm throttle bodies and 12-hole injectors|
|Ignition:||Digital transistorized with electronic advance|
|Transmission:||Six-speed (VFR1200F) / Six-speed automatic with two modes and manual mode (VFR1200F with Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission)|
|Suspension:||Front: 43mm cartridge fork with spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel|
Rear: Pro Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single gas-charged shock with remote spring preload adjustability and rebound damping adjustability; 5.1 inches travel
|Brakes:||Front: Dual full-floating 320mm discs with CBS six-piston calipers with ABS|
Rear: Single 276mm disc with CBS two-piston caliper with ABS
|Tires||Front: 120/70 ZR17 radial|
Rear: 190/55 ZR17 radial
|Wheelbase:||60.8 inches (1545mm)|
|Rake (Caster angle):||25°30’|
|Trail:||101.0mm (4.0 inches)|
|Seat Height:||32.1 inches (815mm)|
|Fuel Capacity:||4.9 gallons|
|Curb Weight*:||591 pounds (VFR1200F) / 613 pounds (VFR1200F with Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission)|
2010 Kawasaki Versys