First Look: 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14
Oct 5, 2009
The new definition of Sport Touring perfection
Building on the continent-crossing comfort and genuine sportbike performance of its predecessor, the second-generation ConcoursTM14 includes new touring features and updated technology to advance the state of the sport touring art. The Concours 14 has earned rave-reviews from expert journalists and current owners who’ve experienced the otherworldly thrust and sublime composure of its Ninja ZX-14 based engine and chassis.
Already a showcase for the latest Kawasaki technology, the new Concours 14 adds a number of new systems designed to improve the riding experience. KTRC, Kawasaki's first traction control system, helps provide piece of mind when negotiating slippery surfaces. K-ACT II selectable, sport-oriented coactive ABS complements the rider's brake inputs with supplementary force enhancements for improved braking performance on a wide variety of riding surfaces.
A number of added features, bodywork refinements and detail changes vastly improve rider comfort, making long-distance journeys even easier than before. A larger windscreen offers extra wind protection and new heat-dissipating bodywork provides better heat management. A number of additional features, like heated handgrips, upgraded computer functions, a relocated glove box, and tank bag hooks offer added convenience and increase the Concours 14's touring performance.
- NEW Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC)
- NEW K-ACT II Selectable, Sport Oriented Coactive Anti Lock Brakes
- NEW Enhanced Touring Amenities - Heated Grips, Outside Air Temp, Economical Riding Indicator, Fuel Economy Assistance Mode, Relocated Electro-Locking Glove Box, Computer Mode Select Button on Handlebar, Tank Bag Hooks, Relocated Mirrors
- NEW Sharper, More-Aggressive Bodywork - Better Heat Management and Improved Wind Protection
- NEW Suspension Settings - Lighter Handling
- NEW Bridgestone BT 021 tires - Lighter Handling, Improved Wear
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT)
- Tetra-Lever Shaft Drive
- Back Torque Limiting "Slipper" Clutch
- KIPASS - Remote Ignition Activation and Security Transponder
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
2010 Kawasaki z1000
2010 Kawasaki Versys